Microsoft UK COVID-19 Statement – https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/about/coronavirus/?WT.mc_id=AID2426906_EML_6327642
To handle the increased demand for Microsoft Cloud products, the following changes have been made to ensure continuity of service:
- Presence checking interval has been increased
- Typing interval has been increased
- Video resolution has been reduced
- OneNote in Teams will be read-only for commercial tenants, excluding EDU. Users can go to OneNote for the web for editing.
- Download size and sync frequency of file attachments has been changed.
- You can find details on these and other OneNote related updates as http://aka.ms/notesupdates.
- We are rescheduling specific backend operations to regional evening and weekend business hours. Impacted capabilities include migration, DLP and delays in file management after uploading a new file, video or image.
- Reduced video resolution for playback videos.
- People timeline has been disabled for newly uploaded videos. Pre-existing videos will not be impacted.
- Meeting recording video resolution adjusted to 720p
All other cloud services are operational at this time. Any further updates will appear here.